Crossroads Credit Union had humble beginnings. As we view our impressive structure of the Crossroads Credit Union Head Office, it is difficult to imagine that it all began as a sideline enterprise at the Saskatchewan Wheat Pool grain elevator in Canora, Saskatchewan.
Community members interested in the formation of a Credit Union began organizing in the fall of 1958 by contacting potential members and acquiring pledges of funds for deposit. After a sufficient level of support was achieved, a formal organizational meeting was held at the Legion Dugout. It was agreed to form a Credit Union and on April 28th, 1959 the Canora Credit Union was officially chartered with 161 members and deposits of $10,855.25.
Crossroads Credit Union has experienced numerous business expansions and relocations in Canora since incorporation. Our most recent relocation was into our award winning building today. Construction commenced in 2001 and the Credit Union officially relocated on May 10, 2002.
Through the years, Crossroads Credit Union has expanded service to a number of surrounding communities. Presently, Crossroads Credit Union operates five full service branches in Canora, Wadena, Margo, Preeceville and Sturgis. On January 1, 2008, we changed our name to Crossroads Credit Union. To us, a Crossroads represents those moments when one comes to a point where a path must be chosen that will have both large and small affects on one's life. Crossroads Credit Union actively helps people in making many of those decisions; by financing people's lives, goals and dreams.
With over 8,800 members and non-members and an excess of $206 million in assets, Crossroads Credit Union continues to fulfill a vision to represent integrity, trust and commitment to our members and communities.